Massive Open Online Courses or MOOCs are offered online, aim to bring in unlimited participation through open access via the internet or web. The Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) Market uses a platform where the learners have the freedom to self-organize their strategy of involvement according to their speed, areas of interest, learning goals, and general interests. This idea of employing accessible knowledge in a remarkably easier way is augmenting the high growth of the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) Market.
To help you grow your MOOCs in the market, here are six simple ways:
- The first step is to recognize the kind of audience you wish to cater to with your MOOCs. The success of your page/course always depends on the type of audience you are aiming to reach. If you have already figured that out, look at the outreach, is it reaching the right kind of viewers? Is it the kind that learners are looking for regularly? These are a few of the questions you need to ask yourself before beginning.
- Identify the Unique Factor in your courses offered. There are more than thousands of pages and websites that are dwelling in this MOOC market, to make your course stand out, you will need to figure out that unique factor.
- Keep an eye on your competitors. Your course and business shall increase when you indulge in a healthy competition with your peers. This is a benefit for the learners in any case.
- Choose a flexible platform for promotions. An ideal platform should have a broad reach and should be flexible.
- Conduct a quick survey of students. It will help you understand their interests and ideas and structure your courses accordingly.
- Use a widely, readily, and easily available platform to launch your MOOC.
With the popularity of MOOCs, creating a niche for oneself can be a daunting task, especially for someone new to the MOOC Market. However, the above-mentioned six ways, though not absolute, can help you become a successful MOOC provider.
Check out elitelearning.io to understand which MOOCs are popular and why.